Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
I didn’t want to write this particular post, because well, I’m a ‘fraidy cat. This post will be in bullet form, otherwise it would take me FOREVER to discuss all of my fears here…and honestly, since this is basically a judgement free zone, I’ll just put it all out there. All my fears, both rational, and irrational are as follows:
- Balloons – don’t even come near me with those freaking things!!! Even my own father can’t believe I haven’t grown out of it. No clue where it comes from, but I scream if they get to close to me, and I cringe in sheer terror! This is my #1 fear. And the fear is crazy real!
- Scary Movies – I have yet to watch a scary movie in its entirety. It took months of coaxing me to watch American Horror Story. This lady will refuse, adamantly to watch any Child’s Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, or anything of the sort. No way Jose!
- Clowns – Yup…pretty freaked out by those too, although, not as bad as I was when I was like 20…but still, they aren’t normal!
- Haunted Houses – I plan these almost every year with my friends and then spend 45 minutes outside of the place debating whether or not to go in. I get made fun of, and then the cast of these haunted places realizes that I’m a sucker and won’t leave me be the rest of the night. I have never ONCE opened my eyes in a house, and am usually sandwiched between Callie and Marco with my head down, eyes closed shut, and clutching them both as close to me as possible.
- The Dark – this fear comes and goes, and I realize that when things are a little crappy in my life, the fear is much worse. I usually turn on all the lights to make my way to the kitchen or bathroom in the middle of the night. And when I don’t, i get where I’m going really quikcly, turn on the light, do what I have to do, and then shut it off, and
runspeed walk back to my room, all the while convincing myself not to look behind me, because, well, monsters!
- Feet – or at least feet touching me. They are so freaking gross! Why would people even want to touch feet?! I’ll never understand. I barely touch my own feet! I can guarantee you, if you try and put your feet anywhere near my person, you will not be walking for a few days…it’s that serious! ( I get mad thinking about people putting their feet on me!) Someone put a picture of feet (from a Sketchers add in Seventeen Magazine) through one of the slots in my locker in high school, and when I opened my locker, these damn FEET were freaking looking at me, all gross and everything, and I damn near lost it! Lucky I never found the culprit…sooooo lucky….
- Snakes and Lizards – it’s all fine and dandy when they are behind glass (although sometimes I envision a Harry Potteresque scenario, when the glass just disappears and the snakes come loose!) but when they are in person, like around someones neck while I’m out and about Coney Island and not expecting it, I totally freak out! I hauled ass to the other side of the park, and then the anxiety was so intense, constantly looking around and over my shoulder and clearing corners like I was some stealth ninja to avoid a snake, I just left, because I couldn’t anymore! Lizards are no better, all flicking their tongues at me and stuff. I don’t like that ish at all! Except Chameleons. Chameleons are super cute!
There’s a ton of other fears, but they are things like loosing my loved ones, and stepping on poo barefoot, or getting a tape worm. There’s also loosing all my teeth (family has hereditary gum disease and most of my uncles and my grandmother lost most if not all of their teeth by the time they were 40), having sleep paralysis, and having broccoli in my teeth at a job interview. I’m petrified of getting into a serious car accident, of hitting my cats tail in the door and severing it, and now (THANKS A LOT LADY KING!!!) hair tourniquets! Basically, I’m scared of life! Good thing my wife (as small is she is) is big and bad and brave enough for both of us! Hi, I’m Sammie, and I’m a pee.you.ess.ess.why…