I just found this really awesome (and funny) blog about another 2 mom family, which of course I love to read about. As I’m catching up on 6 years worth of blog (super slow day at work), I came across this post and was like, “OH hell yeah!!! So here goes my 30 day challenge…
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you’ve traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you’re afraid of
Day 11-Favorite TV shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you’re looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you’ve learned
Day 25-Favorite memory
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
Many of you that have been reading my blog already probably know waaaayyy to much about me. There’s also the about me section you can check out too for a quick glimpse into who I am. In case there are any new readers who haven’t caught up on my blog, here are some things about me that you may want to know in “15 Interesting Facts” form…
1. I’m Sammy and I’m 31 years old. I feel old…very old.
2. My name isn’t really Sammie, but thanks to American Girl books (Samantha being my favorite growing up) I always wanted that to be my name, mainly so people could call me Sam…
3. I am the oldest of 5 siblings (well 6 really, but I met my biological half brother a few years ago, and still have a hard time remembering to add him to my immediate siblings that I grew up with), and I take birth order very seriously. My youngest brother may be taller than me, but he better KNOW his role! I’ll still kick his ass!
4. I have always been overweight, or at least I thought as much, until I look back at pictures of myself when I was younger, and I’m all like, “What the hell was I thinking! I look AMAZING in 9th grade!”…but back then, not so much compared to my 00 sized friends when I was in a “very large” size 7 ::gasp::
5. I have a cat, a rabbit, and I used to have 3 birds, but I pretty much hate birds so that flew out the window (not really though…we gave them away to a lady that has a room in her home reserved for like 1.6 million birds…just so weird!)
6. I have lots of different talents…I sing, I crochet, I can juggle, I can balance pretty much ANYTHING on my chin (except a person on a chair, but a chair is all good as long as it’s a plastic fold up one), I’m a writer/storyteller, I’m a spoken word artist, performer and poet, I am funny as f*ck, and I make a mean Arroz y Habichuelas (rice and beans) among other things!
7. I love to blog and have found so much comfort, strength, joy, and amazing friends on here.
8. I have always had ridiculously large tonsils, and every time I go for a doctors appointment, the doctor always says how he has never seen them so big. They ask me why I have never had them out, and the answer is that when I was younger, every time we would set up an appointment to remove them, I would come down with some type of throat infection and it would have to be pushed back. Finally at 21 years old, I’d lived with the problem for so long, that I just figured, what do I need surgery for? My dr. never has to use a tongue depressor, and basically, I have no gag reflex…do with that information what you will.
9. Of all of my siblings (all 5 this time), I am the only one to never have been arrested. I don’t know how I managed that considering all of the illegal activities I partook in during my late teens and early twenties.
10. I have had 1 too many one night stands…
this in no way means to reference #8 I have repented…
11. My favorite color is Aqua…it makes me happy.
12. As long as it is over 55 degrees, I will wear shorts. I’m in shorts pretty much from March – November. Shorts and Crocs or Adidas slides with socks. My wife hates it and thinks I’m crazy…I think I’m comfortable and this should be the standard uniform at my place of employment. HR would be much better without long pants that need to be pressed everyday. Do I wear shorts on Easter every year for the past 7 years, you ask? Why yes, yes I do!
13. I had my first kiss on the 4th of July when I was 10 years old. Like real, mucking out, in the shed, during a really intense hide and seek game with all the kids from the neighborhood, with this boy Jack, who lived downstairs from us. He was 11, played soccer, had the straightest teeth I had ever seen, had Devan Sawa hair circa 1995, and I was absolutely smitten. Basically, throughout elementary school and high school, we fooled around…a lot. Too much…so much so that lots of our school projects barely got done, since we always chose to be partners because we knew we could get away with a few heavy make out sessions every day since our parents trusted us together. Ah, puberty.
14. I had this weird obsession with the Spice Girls all through high school. Every inch of the walls in the bedroom I shared with my 2 sisters was covered in posters. My uncle, who managed a movie theater, gave me the official movie poster when SpiceWorld finished playing in theaters and I damn near peed myself! I can do every dance to every song, mainly because I watched their 3 different concerts on DVD incessantly. Don’t let “Spice Up Your Life” come on because IT’S A WRAP!
15. I have 12 tattoos. Only 2 are visible when fully clothed, but they are on my wrists, so if I’m wearing long sleeves and a watch, you would have no idea. 2 involve names of ex’s (I know, I Know!! Let’s not shame the hopeless romantic, okay?!) One is a massive peacock feather on my left arm which I absolutely hate and can’t wait to cover up when I complete/start my sleeve! One on each ankle, a few on my back, and the tramp stamp that I got on the day of my 18th birthday when I was supposed to be getting my hair done for my high school graduation. I also got a labret when I turned 21, and a navel piercing that I got during spring break with some friends when I was 14, when we told our parents we were going to a local park, and jumped instead on the Metro with a 40oz of malt liquor to split between the 4 of us and went into NYC to have an awesome adventure in the dark smelly bathroom at the back of a T-Shirt store. When my parents found out at 16 (because my sister had a meltdown after I punched her in the face for ripping one of my Spice Girl posters off of the wall and snitched on me), my father made my mom pull me into the bathroom and strip me naked to make sure that I didn’t have any more piercings or and tattoos. I didn’t, but told my mother I would take it out if she gave me back my $45. She did not, so I did not! I can’t bear to take it out, even though it looks ridiculous (especially when I lose the ball and I end up wearing one of Callie’s hanging cherry ones)!
So anyone that wants to join this little challenge, It’ll encourage you to blog everyday AND we in Bloglandia will get to know you better, and I will probably love you guys EVEN more! And now, a picture of me, sitting ay my desk, since I came in at 8:30 this morning and had all of my work done by 8:55am, and I was bored outta my mind…You’re welcome!